Today. It’s Thursday and it’s wonderful.
Because Grey’s Anatomy comes on tonight.
Because tomorrow is Friday.
Because I finished my Italian exam (and got very little sleep).
Because I got the coolest, most beautiful DSLR camera! And I took this picture of my puppy with it.
Because last night I registered for the most important test in my undergraduate career.
Because it’s 84 degrees outside.
Because I love this picture and it always makes me smile.
Because I’m eating dinner here tonight with a friend.
Because season 9 of One Tree Hill just came to Netflix.
Because I can finally play Katy Perry’s “Wide Awake” on my guitar.
Because I ate this for lunch. And I didn’t write a recipe. I just went with it.
And it was the bomb-diggity.
I’m glad it’s Thursday. I hope you’re having a wonderful day!
Last Year: Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread
Refried Bean and Portobello Mushroom Quesadilla
This is a completely random, but completely delicious lunch option. I omitted the cheese, but you could definitely add some if you like. Feel free to also play with the seasonings.
- 1 flour tortilla (if gf, look for tortillas labeled gluten free)
- 1 portobello mushroom, chopped
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1/2 refried beans (if vegetarian or vegan, make sure to get refried beans labeled vegetarian)
- cheese, optional
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- salt and pepper
1. In a medium pan with a bit of oil, saute mushroom until tender, about 5 minutes. Add desired seasonings and spinach and cook until spinach is lightly wilted. Remove from pan and set aside. Meanwhile, heat beans until warmed.
2. In the same pan, lightly toast the tortilla on each side, 1 minute. Spread beans on tortilla and add vegetables (and cheese, if using), let cook open faced until heated through. Fold over tortilla to make into quesadilla. Remove from pan and cut into desired size. Eat immediately.
Recipe from Cooking College Chick