- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced carrot
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ¾ c chopped frozen spinach
- 2 cans (15oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 T fresh parsley, to garnish
1. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and carrots and cook until onion is slightly tender, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add both cans of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
4. If sauce is too chunky, you can puree a bit of it with an immersion blender or in a food processor. Return to pot and heat through. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot over pasta or tasty ravioli.
Related Recipe: Pasta Puttanesca